October is Dyslexia Awareness Month and I have a special treat for you in honor of this month. PRIDE Reading Program is offering you a free Orton-Gillingham Training Course!!! Yes, you heard that correctly, it is FREE!
At PRIDE Reading Program, we are huge advocates for Orton-Gillingham, and truly believe that every teacher, tutor and parent should be trained in this amazing approach. This Orton-Gillingham training course will provide you with an understanding of the Orton-Gillingham methodology specifically designed for elementary students in grades Pre K – 6.
As part of our community outreach and our mission to help all of those kiddos out there who really need this program, this Orton-Gillingham training course is FREE to anyone who wants to take it. After participating in this Orton-Gillingham training course, you will have a better understanding of the Orton-Gillingham approach and you can get started teaching it to your student. You will always have access to the training and the training materials, it is yours to keep.
“What Will I Learn?”
- Who are Orton and Gillingham?
- What is the Orton-Gillingham approach?
- What are the principles in Orton-Gillingham?
- How is phonological awareness taught in Orton-Gillingham?
- What are the multi-sensory strategies in Orton-Gillingham for reading, writing and spelling (phonetic and non-phonetic words)?
- How can teachers, tutors and parents implement the Orton-Gillingham approach?
The Orton-Gillingham Lesson Plan:
- Summary and Review using the Sound or Phoneme Cards
- Visual, Auditory and Blending Drills
- Introducing New Materials
- Reading words, sentences and decodable text
- Sound and Spelling Dictations
- Sight Words
- Fluency Drills
- Assessments and Games
“How Long Will This Course Take?”
This Orton-Gillingham training course should take you about 1 hour. You do not have to do the entire course in one sitting. You can always return to where you left off. At the end of the course, you can redeem a coupon code valid for 15% off your first purchase!
“How do I Sign Up for the Orton-Gillingham Training Course?”
You can sign up for the Orton-Gillingham FREE Training Course HERE.
This Orton-Gillingham training course is written by teachers based on scientific research and years of Orton-Gillingham training and teaching experience. We have relied on our own teaching of this program, the feedback and results of hundreds of Reading Specialists, and the latest scientific research to refine and update this training course. We are quite confident that you will find this Orton-Gillingham training course easy to implement and also see amazing results with your students.
Remember, October is Dyslexia Awareness Month – so please help us spread the word by sharing this wonderful FREE resource.
Thank you so much for reading my post today!