PRIDE Beginning Consonants
The PRIDE Beginning Consonants is for students who are ready to learn or are struggling with letter recognition. By the end of Beginning Consonants, your child will read, write and sound out each of the consonants below and be ready
to progress to the PRIDE Yellow Book. A strong foundation is the key to reading and spelling success.
By the end of PRIDE Beginning Consonants,
your child will read, write and spell:
b c d f g h j k l m
n p r s t v w x y z
The PRIDE Beginning Consonants kit includes:
- Unlimited online PRIDE Teaching Guide access.
- With PRIDE, there are no expensive and lengthy training courses or additional programs to purchase.
- Your monthly subscription includes all the student materials as you progress through the program at no additional cost.
- While we ship your materials, you will have access to short training videos and practice lessons. When your materials arrive, you will be ready to use the PRIDE Reading Program with your student!
PRIDE Online Teaching Guide
Our PRIDE Online Teaching Guide is the KEY to teaching the Orton-Gillingham method!
PRIDE’s easy to follow scripted, step-by-step Teaching guide will guide you
through which skills to teach, and when and how to teach them.
Beginning Consonant Letter ‘b’ Sample Lesson Pages
Our PRIDE Beginning Consonants is designed to help your student learn their basic reading skills. While using the Online Teaching Guide alongside your Beginning Consonants workbook, your child will do activities such as sky writing, finger tracing, sound association, and comprehension.
Beginning Consonant Cards
- Our PRIDE Beginning Consonant Book comes with 20 Sound Cards for each lesson provided in our Online Teaching Guide.
- You will review Sound Cards before each lesson with their student (s).
- Sound Cards are used throughout the program to introduce, reinforce and review alphabetic letters, consonant digraphs and blends, vowel teams, vowel diphthongs and common spelling rules.
- In order for children with learning differences to learn, they have to: see it, say it, write it and hear it.
* Not all sound cards are shown. Actual sound card deck include all consonants.
FAQs for PRIDE Reading Program
How do I know what level to place my student?
We always recommend placing your student in Beginning Consonants through Level 3 Red Book no matter what age they are. Please look at our Scope and Sequence to determine where you believe your student is best placed. Or you can download our Comprehensive Reading Assessment by clicking here. If you have more questions, please feel free to give us a call at (866) 774-3342 ext. 2 or use our contact form and we will be happy to help you order the level best suited for your student.
Will my student benefit from the PRIDE program?
What if I am not a teacher? Will I be able to teach my student the PRIDE Program?
Orton-Gillingham Based Method
“There is a window of opportunity for kids between kindergarten and 2nd grade where if they don’t close their reading gaps before moving onto the next grade, that child will always struggle with reading and writing. It is important you close those gaps as soon as you can.”
“The Orton-Gillingham method is a process. For many students, this is actually the only program that does work for them. Our students are really, really smart kids that just need a different approach to learning.”
– Karina Richland, PRIDE Reading Program